The annual Exponential Conference in Orlando is coming up soon (April 22-25 in Orlando). If you’re a church planter or involved in church planting, I encourage you to do everything you can to be there. Thousands of church planters from around the world will gather to explore ways to be more effective at discipleship and how current shifts in disciple-making will influence how new churches will be planted.
The conference is almost sold out, so if you’ve been waiting to register, click here before Feb. 15 to reserve your seat and get the best rate possible (rates go up that Friday) for you and your spouse.
Here’s some thoughts from Exponential Director Geoff Surratt on the top reasons to attend Exponential in light of the slew of conferences out there.
Three Great Reasons to Choose Exponential
1. Exponential is actually multiple conferences. Exponential is a collection of conferences. (Ed Stetzer refers to Exponential as Six Flags Over Church Planting; I think we’re more like the Walt Disney World of church planting. Disney has multiple theme parks, and Exponential has multiple conferences.) This year at Exponential, we’ll feature:
- 18 Pre-conferences hosted by 21 different church planting organizations. Each Pre-Con is a self-contained conference on a unique church planting topic. Go here to see the list.
- 35 Sub-tracks during the main event, each of which will have four different workshops led by people like Mark Beeson, Artie Davis, Ron Edmonson, Mac Lake, Greg Surratt, Pete Scazzero and more than 100 others. That’s 30 unique conferences. Go here to the see the full list.
- Five main sessions based on the theme of discipleship led by speakers like Francis Chan, Craig Groeschel, Wayne Cordeiro, Larry Osborne, Jen Hatmaker, Jo Saxton, Alan Hirsch, Mike Breen, Randy Frazee, John Burke and others. That’s a conference all by itself. So rather than a single conference, Exponential is actually 49 different conferences all hosted in the same location. Click here to see the full list of speakers and learn more about each one.
2. Exponential is a place to connect. For a leader, one of the best aspects of Exponential is connecting with other leaders. All of the speakers are extremely accessible, and this year we’re building time into the schedule for networking and fostering community. Church planting (and church leading) can be a very lonely business. Exponential helps bridge the loneliness through opportunities to connect with like-minded leaders across the country.
3. Exponential is for church planters. Seems like every week, there’s a different church leadership conference or event. But Exponential is the largest gathering of church planters on the planet. So the content is specifically designed to challenge, inspire and equip church planters. You won’t find this kind of focused, comprehensive training in a church leadership conference. Everything you’ll see and hear is geared to church planters and your calling to plant a church.
Four days, nearly 100 speakers, 35 different tracks, multiple unique conferences and a chance to connect with 5,000 leaders focused on church planting. That’s a pretty good package deal. Hope to see you there!